Main Gallery – Fall 2022
This public Open Call invites artists, organizers, curators, and collaborators to propose exhibitions to engage the Gallery’s Fall 2022 slots. Upon review and acceptance, proposals may be awarded one of the two available slots:
September 2 – October 1, 2022 or October 7 – November 19, 2022.
Waterloo Arts (15605 Waterloo Road) hosts 7-8 exhibitions in its main gallery per year, with a limited number of shows originating from the organization’s larger programming objectives and seasonal thematic interests. The organization as a whole celebrates art’s connection to culture, and it strives to provide opportunities for people to access and appreciate art at all levels.
Exhibitions at Waterloo Arts Gallery are selected by a volunteer committee of local artists, arts educators, and emerging curators. The Gallery Committee prioritizes exhibition proposals: 1) that feature artworks or creative projects that have not been formally exhibited before, and 2) whose content shows potential for re-engagement, re-activation, or further exploration through public event(s) during the course of the show.
DEADLINE: Wednesday, June 15, 2022.
Applicants will be notified of their acceptance or denial by mid-July.
For additional information about the gallery and what to expect as an exhibiting artist, view this document.
Please direct any questions/concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
— — — — — — — — — — — — — —
To submit an application via email:
send the following information to email@example.com with the subject line “Open Call Application”. Single .pdf preferred!
– Your Name, Email, and Phone Number
– Whether you are applying as: an artist, a collaborator, or a curator
– Names of Participating Artists/Collaborators
– City and State of Artist(s) Residence
– Exhibition Title
– Project Proposal (250 words max) ex. What will be displayed in the gallery? What themes are the artists/curator pursuing? Is there a programming element that is crucial to the experience of the exhibit?
– Link to Artist Portfolio, if available (social media/website)
– Up to 10 images of specific works, or 3 min of video (YouTube/Vimeo link preferred). If available, indicate title, medium, size, and year for each artwork included, and whether or not the work submitted may be the exact work exhibited.
*For video, performance, installation, social engagements, and new media, provide no more than 60 words of context for each piece.
– Indicate whether the proposed project has been exhibited locally in the past year, or if the artist may have additional exhibition commitments planned for late 2022 – early 2023.