Cleveland’s fastest growing, grassroots, arts-centric, eclectic, family friendly festival is back and better than ever! More than 5,000 people are expected to spend the day on Waterloo seeing and making art, catching live performances, shopping an array of vendors, and noshing on local eats, as well as visiting the one-of-a-kind businesses that make this burgeoning district unique.
Clevelanders of all ages should come to the Waterloo Arts Fest prepared to see and do something new. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to take part in all that this exciting new arts and entertainment district has to offer. The Fest will take place on Waterloo Road between E. 156th & E. 161st.
To get to Waterloo: Exit I-90 at E. 152nd Street, head north, then turn right onto Waterloo.
- 1pm The Helper T-Cells
- 2pm Puppet Show (make a puppet and be part of the show!)
- 3pm Storyteller Margaret Craig
- 4pm Puppet Show
- 5pm Magician Jeff Reid
- 6pm Learn dance moves with Damon Rucker
LOOK FOR NatureTracks:
the 40 foot, mobile education unit for the Cleveland Metroparks Outdoor Education department. They bring the parks to the people!
ALSO IN THE KIDS AREA…
Make Mexican wrestling masks, sock puppets, and drums!
Bring a friendâ€™s address and send a postcard from the Fest!
Climb through a kidsâ€™ size cardboard city!
Win prizes in the Lego sculpture contest!
Bring your bike and decorate it!
Cool off with Mister Mister!
HEALTHY LIVING VILLAGE (in the Kids Area)
Pick up neighborhood walking maps and healthy recipes!
Go on a neighborhood bike ride led by Lois Moss!
Make a customized hula hoop and learn about â€œHooping for Healthâ€!
Get free cholesterol and blood sugar screenings!
Learn about all of the healthy living resources in North Collinwood!
Win an autographed copy of a book by Dr. Michael Roizen!
Go on an historic walk of the neighborhood with
Councilman Michael Polensek and
State Representative Kenny Yuko at 3pm!
SCULPT URE GARDEN STAGE
- 1:15pm Mary Taylor-Brooks (roots rock)
- 2:30pm Heelsplitter (americana)
- 3:45pm Miles Beyond (blues)
- 5:00pm Nelken (folk)
- 6:15pm Church of the Lazy Bastards (old school country)
- 12:00 Upstage Players (street theater)
- 12:30 Yo-yo artist Steve Brown (lessons, demos and giveaways)
- 1:00 Lakeshore Dance and Gymnastics (hip-hop, tap, break dance)
- 1:30 More Upstage Players!
- 2:00 Rainey Institute (capoeira: Brazilian martial arts dance)
- 2:30 More Steve Brown!
- 3:00 Joyful Noise Music School (musical amazement)
- 4:00 Picklefight Puppet Theater! Fun for all ages!
- 4:30 Didnâ€™t catch those yo-yos yet? Last chance!
- 5:00 Broadway School of Music (sax ensemble)
- 6:00 Picklefight Puppet Theater rounds out the night!
Bike decorating area, chalk art car, video booth, street sculpture, and more!
LOOK FOR Ray McNiece hosting STREET THEATER and SPOKEN WORD PERFORMANCE throughout the Fest with a cadre of guest artists!
ROCK â€˜Nâ€™ ROLL FLEA MARKET
12- 5pm in the Beachland Ballroom
Vendors selling records, cds, vintage clothes, antiques, collectables, art, and more!
BLUE ARROW RECORDS DJ STAGE
- 12:00pm DJ Gaw from WRUWâ€™s â€œOn the Oneâ€ (good beats and dance-y stuff)
- 1:30pm Miss Allisun (glam, punk, proto-punk, post-punk, etc.)
- 3:30pm Drive Time Radio w/ Kid Flamingo and The 185th Street Shuffle (all things rock)
- 5:30pm DJ Lawrence Daniel Caswell of WCSBâ€™s â€œNo Ways Tiredâ€ (soul music)
BEACHLAND TAVERN STAGE
- 12:45pm Lighthouse and the Whaler (indie folk)
- 2:00pm Arte Povera (instrumental electronic psychedelia)
- 3:15pm The Muttering Retreats (electronic indie pop)
- 4:30pm The Modern Electric (cinematic pop)
- 5:45pm Home and Garden (avante-garde rock)
WATERLOO ARTS FEST AFTER PARTY
7-9pm in the Beachland Tavern – for a mere $5 you get: a FREE drink,
FREE food, a chance to win raffle prizes donated by cool Waterloo and Cleveland shops, and the DJ stylings of Chris Kulcsar and Tony Merritt! Proceeds benefit Arts Collinwood! Get tickets early at the Fest Info Booth
no images were found